SARUD is the acronym for ‘Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development’, an Erasmus+ Capacity-building project in the field of higher education. The project is funded by the European Commission from 10/2015- 10/2018.
SARUD addresses the demand for practice oriented but formalized education in sustainable agriculture and rural development. It reflects the need for the design, implementation and administration of integrated and sustainable rural development programs.
Supported by practice partners Russian and Kazakh universities develop and open new master programs on Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development within their accredited majors Economics, Agriculture and Municipal and Public Management.
A network comprising Russian, Kazakh and EU partners actively explores and exploits existing experiences on sustainable agriculture and rural development. Internet based knowledge platforms will be accessible for all interested faculties and potential users.
Project coordination and management at the University of Hohenheim
Prof. Dr. Martin Dieterich Institute of Landscape and Plant Ecology
Anna Voitenko - Office of International Affairs, Eastern Europe and Asia.
The joint activities of SARUD are targeted at:
- developing practice-oriented master programs on sustainable agriculture and rural development at participating Russian and Kazakh universities. Programs are tailored to meet the demand for professionals in public services, local and regional governments, farm management and service providers,
- building a knowledge and network platform on sustainable agriculture and integrative rural development with international and regional case studies and examples,
- strengthening the competences and inter-regional networks of higher education faculties for conducting target-group specific trainings in the area of rural development.
SARUD will develop programs suited to educate professionals that are subsequently able to design and apply rural development concepts for specific conditions. The knowledge base of experts encompasses economics, management, social sciences, agronomy and ecology. Graduates will be able to access national and international experiences, apply up-to date methods for land-use planning and the assessment of agro-ecosystems as well as socio-cultural and natural resources.
- Sergey Mogilny, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Deputy Chairman of the Board for Strategic Planning, Science and International Relations - administrative support of the project;
- Nadezhda Meleshenko, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Economics - Project Coordinator;
- Sarah Kitaibekova, doctor student of the agronomy faculty - Project Manager;
- Aliya Ismailova, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Economics - Scientific Consultant Project Implementer;
- Gulmira Satybaldieva, Candidate of Biology Sciences., Head of the Department of Ecology - scientific consultant, project executor;
- Evgenia Zadvorneva, master of Economic Sciences, graduate student, senior lecture of the department of economics - the executor of the project (on the content part);
- Natalya Kishko, master of Economic Sciences, senior lecture of the department of economics - the executor of the project (on the content part).
More information and contact details: https://sarud.uni-hohenheim.de
Meeting of master students and lecturers with administration of university concerning to the opening of new study program «Sustainable agriculture and rural development» - SARUD on specialty «Economics»
Meeting with graduates of the Faculty of Economics for dissemination of information for students entering the Master's program "Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development", specialty in 6M050600-Economics
The third joint regional coordination meeting on the EU international project ERASMUS+ "Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development" (SARUD) in the Michurinsky State University of Agriculture (Russia)
The 2-study trip of SARUD partners in Germany: University of Hohenheim (UHOH), University of Nurtingen (NGU), the Agency for Development of Agriculture and Rural Areas of the Federal State of Baden-Wuerttemberg (LEL) in the framework of Erasmus+ programme of the European Union