External academic mobility
External academic mobility program affords an opportunity to gain invaluable international experience in educational sphere, develop professional skills, obtain experience in international culture and get useful linguistic usage.
Academic mobility is a good opportunity for students with good academic progress, knowledge of foreign language and strong motivation to study during an academic semester at university-partner of KATU with further acquired credit transfer.
Financing of external academic mobility can be realized at the expense of:
- budgeting funds of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- internal funds of KATU;
- internal funds of students;
- funds of national and international grants.
The following students can take part in external academic mobility:
- master students of the first and second semester, academic mobility starts from second and third semester;
- students from third to sixth semester, who study 4 years, academic mobility starts from forth to seventh semester.
- students from third to eighth semester who study 5 years, with beginning of academic mobility from forth to ninth semester.
Selection according to the program of external academic mobility is carried out in two stages. At the first one students pass test to evaluate the foreign language proficiency level (a minimum admission score is 70%). The candidates, who have internationally recognized certificates (IELTS – not less than 6.0;TOEFL – not less than 550; DELF – not less than В2; TFC – not less than В1, В2; DAF – В2, С1) do not pass test. The second stage is an oral interview with Commission. Selection to take part in external academic mobility program is carried out two times a year.
The main conditions for participation in the competition at the expense of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan are studying on the state educational grant and GPA at least 3.33 for the last semester of education.
The program of external academic mobility has been realized for students from 2013 at S.Seifullin KATU.
In the 2018-2019 academic year, under the program of external academic mobility, 92 students studied in higher educational institutions in Estonia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Finland, the Russian Federation, France, Germany, Belarus:
- at the expense of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan – 5 Bachelor students and 3 Master students,
- at the expense of the university – 43 Bachelor students,
- under the program Erasmus+ – 4 Bachelor students and 11 Master students,
- under the student exchange program – 26 Bachelor students.
In general, 14 people were trained in the master's program and 78 people in the undergraduate program.
Since 2017 within the framework of external academic mobility program 142 students have been educated, in particular:
- at the expense of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan - 6 Bachelor students and 1 Master student;
- at the expense of the university - 110 Bachelor students and 4 Master students;
- under the program Erasmus+ - 5 Bachelor students and 2 Master students,
- under the student exchange program - 14 students.
Overall, 7 students were educated on the Master's program and 135 students were educated on Bachelor’s program.
Thus, for the 2017 calendar year KATU has provided full implementation of budget funds.
It should be noted that in recent years the geography of training of students and undergraduates abroad has significantly expanded. Bachelor and Master students have been trained under the external academic mobility program in higher education institutions of France, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, Belarus and Russian Federation.
During the period from 2013 to 2016 within the framework of external academic mobility program 232 persons have been trained:
- at expense of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan - 70 bachelor and master students;
- at expense of the university - 151 people;
- at expense of students - 11 people.
Among them, 21 persons were trained on the Master's program and 211 people were trained on Bachelor’s program.
Thus, bachelor and master students have been trained on the external academic mobility program in higher education institutions of Finland, Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Italy, Turkey, Belarus, Russian Federation and others. For 2013-2016 KATU has provided full assimilation of budgeting funds.