Foreign students are an integral part of a modern education system in Kazakhstan. Foreign students are conductors of the Kazakh language and traditions of the Kazakh culture in their native countries. Presence of foreign students at S.Seifullin KATU shows a demand of our university, raises its rating.
More than 10 years foreign students study within the walls of S. Seifullin KATU. Generally the contingent of KATU foreign students is made by the students of former Soviet Union countries, especially from Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan).
Students from Islamic Republic of Afghanistan at the museum of the First President
of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Students from Islamic Republic of Afghanistan at the museum of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Foreign students are full participants of public, scientific, sports, cultural life of the faculty and university during their entire period of education.
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 106 foreign students from 13 countries studied at the university: the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (IRA), Germany, China, Russia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia and Turkey.
In 2017-2018 academic year in S.Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical University are trained 130 foreign students from 10 world’s country: from Islamic Republic Afghanistan, Germany, PRC, Russia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Azerbaijan.
In 2016-2017 academic year 113 foreign students from the People's Republic of China, Russia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Afghanistan study in S.Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical University.
Within the intergovernmental agreement between Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of education 14 students from Islamic Republic of Afghanistan according to programs of a bachelor degree study in S.Seifullin KATU.
The most part of foreign students (72%) study on the basis of intergovernmental and state grants, getting monthly stipend. Only 28% of foreign students study on a contractual basis.
The number of foreign students by faculties and countries
If in 2016 were graduated 10 students from IRA that in 2017 were graduated 8 students. On this moment within of framework of the intergovernmental agreement between Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and Republic of Kazakhstan in educational area in KATU are trained 5 students from IRA by program of bachelor degree on agronomy and technical faculties. Students are studying on 4 course.
Students are taking activity part in public and cultural life of the university
Education at university is conducted on credit system according to bachelor, master and PhD programs in Kazakh, Russian and English languages.
Foreign citizens who are going to enter the university:
- pass complex testing - according to bachelor program;
- pass Kazakh or Russian instead of a foreign language and also examination on specialty - according to master program.
Favorable conditions for receiving worthy education are created in the university, scientific library, faculty of public professions, various developing clubs, sports sections are function. S. Seifullin KATU provides accommodation (dormitories) for foreign students. There are gyms, a hairdresser's, sewing workshop, payment terminals are installed in all university dormitories.
International Students Day
Foreign students are taking activity part in public and cultural life of the university. According an approved plan with part of foreign students in university conducted different events: meetings, round tables, Olympiads, conferences and seminars.
Courses of Kazakh, Russian, English and Chinese are also conducted at the university in order to develop knowledge of languages.
Contact person: Pirozhkova Marina Ivanovna
Тelephone: (7172) 49-78-34
Head specialist on qualification development
- Necessary information on training in KATU on the university website -http://kazatu.kz
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on cooperation in the field of education - http://adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/Z100000332_#z3
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan on cooperation in the field of education - http://adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/P000001076
Rules of stay of foreign citizens in the Republic of Kazakhstan
Registration and visa support
- Rules of entry, stay and departure of foreigners -http://egov.kz/cms/ru/articles/exit-entry_of_foreign_nationals
- Foreign embassies and consulates in Kazakhstan -http://www.kazakhstan.orexca.com/rus/embassies_in_kazakhstan.shtml
- Embassies and Consulates of the Republic of Kazakhstan abroad - http://www.kazakhstan.orexca.com/rus/kazakhstan_embassy.shtml
Nur-Sultan Department of Internal Affairs
- Migration Police Department -http://mvd.gov.kz/portal/page/portal/ast/activity/activity_of_dia_duties/Migration_serv
- Rules of issuing visas of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the extension and reduction of terms of their validity -http://mfa.gov.kz/ru/content-view/pravila-oformlenia-priglasenij-soglasovania-priglasenij-na-vezd-inostrancev-i-lic-bez-grazdanstva-v-respubliku-kazahstan-vydaci-annulirovania-vosstanovlenia-viz-respubliki-kazahstan-a-takze-prodlenia-i-sokrasenia-srokov-ih-dejstvia
- Kazakhstan visa regime with other states - http://mfa.gov.kz/ru/hague/content-view/vizovyj-rezim-rk-s-drugimi-gosudarstvami-11