The Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call for action to eradicate poverty, protect our planet, improve the quality of life and improve prospects for all people around the world.
17 Goals were adopted by all UN Member States in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which formulated a 15—year plan to achieve them.
Kazakhstan, as a country that has committed itself to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), is actively working in all directions and is ready to contribute to the successful achievement of global goals.
S.Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical Research University integrating the principles of sustainable development into its activities, is committed to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Environmental sustainability research centre (ESRC) is a structural research unit that organizes and coordinates the development of fundamental and applied research in the field of green technologies, environmentally sustainable and low-carbon development, including in the agricultural sector.
The purpose of the ESRC is:
- determination of priorities for the development of the main directions of fundamental and applied research;
- search for optimal solutions to problems of integration of science and practice;
- development of recommendations for coordinating the activities of the "Center" together with universities and research institutes engaged in research in this area, as well as cooperation with scientific organizations in the formation of scientific programs carried out within the framework of state funding and at the expense of contractual research;
- organizes and coordinates implementation work, takes an active part in the commercialization of scientific developments.
In its activities , ESRC solves the following tasks:
- organization and development of scientific projects with participation in EOM competitions for grant and program-targeted funding in priority areas of fundamental and applied research;
- implementation of national and international projects;
- formation of creative teams from among the leading scientists of departments and related scientific organizations with the involvement of students, undergraduates and doctoral students;
- participation in the formation of programs and methods of scientific research in the field of environmentally sustainable development and monitoring their implementation;
- active involvement of students, graduates of master's and doctoral studies in the implementation of ongoing research after graduation in order to strengthen the human potential of ESRC;
- ensuring integration with scientific institutions and universities of the republic and foreign countries;
- assistance in the promotion of advanced scientific achievements and the introduction of the results of scientific research into the national economy, and the educational process;
- organization of scientific and industrial conferences, seminars, meetings, provision of consulting services, training and retraining of personnel in the field of environmentally sustainable and low-carbon development.
Head of the Environmental Sustainability Research Center - Bakhov Zh.K.
The purpose of the Center is to support inclusive education in KATRU by improving the quality of learning conditions for students belonging to the target group.
The Center's activities are implemented in the following areas:
Career guidance work with applicants from among the contingent of the Center;
Promotion of employment and support of University graduates from among the contingent of the Center;
Promoting the creation of a barrier-free architectural environment;
Development of inclusive volunteer practices;
Organization and conduct of scientific research on inclusive culture;
Development and publication of materials on the development of inclusive culture in society;
Organizing and conducting events for the development of inclusive practices;
Coordination of the activities of the structural units of the University in the field of training and support of the contingent of the Center;
Assistance in improving the competence of the staff of the department and informing and instructing them in the implementation of inclusive education and work with persons with disabilities;
Implementation of organizational-pedagogical, psychological-pedagogical and assistive support of the educational process of students from among the contingent of the Center;
Providing advisory, methodological assistance and technical support to the structural units of the university, scientific, pedagogical and other categories of employees to work with persons with disabilities and HIA of various nosologies; advising on the preparation of alternative forms of teaching materials;
Creation and accounting of a database of graduates with disabilities and HIA, as well as students from among orphans and persons from among orphans and left without parental care;
Creation and implementation of a model of inclusive accompanied temporary residence for students with disabilities and HIA (living in university dormitories).
Почетный профессор Казахского национального аграрного университета. Карьера. 1979 г. — Кайрат Айтуганов начал работать оператором цеха перевозки Кокчетавского почтамта. 1984-1985 гг. — ассистент кафедры почвоведения Целиноградского сельхозинститута. 1987-1989 гг. — агроном, старший агроном, главный экономист совхоза Карабулакский Зерендинского р-йона Кокчетавской обл.